Sunday, July 22, 2012

Turkey Meatloaf Muffins


Mr. Picky Pants and I are trying to eat better and lose weight.  So far he's lost 22 lbs and I've lost 15 lbs.  Our main focus is eating a lot of veggies and lean meats.  This is a recipe I came up with to use ground turkey and incorporate some veggies without a lot of fat.

Ingredients:

1 lb. ground turkey
Chopped Mushrooms
Chopped/Diced Onion
Creole Seasoning (I used Tony Chacheres)
Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
Cooking spray
Here's how to make it:

Saute the onions and mushrooms in a little olive oil to soften.  Add about 1/2 tsp. of the Creole Seasoning to help draw out the liquids and continue to brown them.


Make sure to thoroughly spray your muffin tin.  You will never get them out if you don't do this!


Combine the ground turkey, onion and mushrooms, additional Creole Seasoning (to taste), and 1/2 cup of shredded Mozzarella cheese.  Mix it with your hands to make sure it's well combined.


Form into balls and press into the muffin tin.  Bake at 350 degrees for 30-45 minutes.


This is what they look like when they are done.


Serve with veggies to complete the meal.  We're not doing separate starches with dinner (like potatoes or rice), so we had cauliflower and corn on the cob.


The Verdict:

Mr. Picky Pants enjoyed this.  He put ketchup on his muffins, which is fine.  We both thought there was a bit too much seasoning in them, so I'll dial it back a bit next time.  Overall, this meal left us feeling satisfied and full and provided plenty of flavor.  The Tony Chacheres that I used has a fair amount of sodium, but they do make a salt-free version so I'll be looking for that soon.  Overall, this is a great way to use ground turkey and add lots of flavor to make a satisfying meal.

1 comment:

  1. I HAVE A VERY PICKY EATER ALSO MY 16 YR JOSHUA IS HIGH FUNCTIONING AUTISM HE HAS ISSUE'S WITH CERTAIN TEXTURE'S . I'M CUTTING RED MEAT OUT OF OUR DIET. I THINK HE WILL LIKE THIS I HOPE LOL. I'VE MADE HM TURKEY & CHICKEN MEATBALLS. KROGER HAS GROUND CHICKEN SO I MIXED THEM HALF & HALF. I'M GOING TO TRY THE MEATLOAF SEASONING. HE DOESN'T CARE FOR THE TONY'S . I LOVE IT MYSELF . I LET YOU KNOW HOW IT WENT OVER . THANKS SO MUCH FOR SHARING .

    ReplyDelete