The Boots Botanics Ionic Clay Mask was one of the excellent items I received complimentary from Influenster for testing purposes.
It is different from any clay mask I've used in the past for a couple of reasons:
- It is thinner in consistency than most masks so it spreads easily and dries quickly
- Since it is thinner, a little goes a long way so you will get MANY uses out of the tube
- It smells really nice and doesn't have a chemical smell that other masks tend to have
- It washed off really easily without scrubbing my skin raw
- I felt it tightening up my skin within the first minute of having it on
- My pores looked and felt smaller after the first use
- It did not dry my skin out the way clay masks often do
I was skeptical when trying this that it would be just like any other clay mask - gloppy, thick, and hard to remove. I was pleasantly surprised that this mask really was different.
I started out by washing my face like I normally would, then applying this mask all over. I worked quickly since it was drying almost immediately as I put it on. I was concerned that it would drip or run since it was so thin, but it dried too fast for that. I let it sit and do it's magic for about 10 minutes. I then rinsed it off with just a wet washcloth. It came off really easy, but did tint my washcloth a lovely shade of brownish green, so don't use anything light in color that you don't mind getting messed up. After removing it, I just moisturized as usual and was all done. My skin felt refreshed, tightened, and amazing!!
My personal recommendation is to not use this mask on super dry skin since it is designed to reduce oil. However, I have combination skin and masks like this work really well when applied only on my oily areas (T-zone) or if I have a breakout. I used it all over the first time and it did not dry out my non-oily areas of my face, but I don't need to use this regularly all over.
I'm excited to add this to my weekly face routine to keep my pores small and happy. Give it at try and let me know how you like it.