This was something I threw together after googling a few ingredients one crazy evening. I am trying to really watch what I eat and eliminate as many processed and unnecessary ingredients as possible. The benefit of this dish is that it has tons of veggies and cooks really quickly and in one pan!
If you have really hungry folks, you may need to add some pasta to increase the staying power of this. Or you could add more chicken to increase the protein. If you are going to mix with pasta, you may want to add some tomato sauce to make it less dry.
Boneless Chicken (I used about 4 chicken tenders; about 1 lb)
Herb and White Wine marinade (or Italian dressing/marinade)
1 can diced tomatoes with Basil, Garlic & Oregano (or whatever Italian blend you enjoy)
1/2 small onion diced
1-2 zucchinis peeled and sliced
Here's How it all Comes Together:
1. Dice the chicken into bite sized pieces.
2. Marinate the chicken for about 15 minutes in marinade.
3. While the chicken in marinating, dice up your veggies.
4. Spray a large skillet with cooking spray.
5. Cook chicken in skillet until no longer pink.
6. Add veggies and undrained tomatoes.
7. Cook for about 15-20 minutes or until the zucchini is tender.
8. Garnish with Parmesan cheese.
9. Serve over pasta (orzo, rotini, penne, etc.)
Mr. Picky Pants actually really liked this. It was a little to "light" for him, so he would benefit from the pasta as I noted above or an additional side with some carbs. I was really surprised he enjoyed it since it had so many veggies in it, but he said it was actually quite tasty. I was just happy I didn't have to make him a separate dinner.